Sunday, January 11, 2009

Has It Been This Long?

I can't believe that I haven't been on here in so long, esp to post some new stuff, but here I am again! I guess my busy life has been the culprit. It's been such a whirlwind few months - soccer, Halloween, school, my trip to San Francisco, and then Christmas and New Year's. Whew! In a nut shell, life has been okay.

I decided to get away for a while and took a 5 day vacation to San Francisco for Thanksgiving. I saw so many spectacular things - the Golden Gate bridge, Lombard St., Alcatraz, Coit Tower, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square.

I would be lying if I said that Christmas went smoothly and unemotional because it didn't. I was a stinkin miss at the 4 year mark of James's death in December and I didn't have the emotional energy to even put up any of our Christmas decorations. I did, however, manage to put the tree up, just none of the ornaments. I can't help but laugh at the thought of having a naked tree up during the holidays, lol. I was so relieved when it was time to put the tree back into the attic. I did feel awful about not puting our decorations up though. I think it bothered the kids and it didn't really feel too Christmassy here. I am pretty positive that at Christmas 09, I will suck it up and do all the stuff I don't want to just for the kids's sake.

We did get a new addition to our family right before Christmas too! He is the cutest (and I mean the cutest) miniature schnauzer ever. We had absolutely no idea what to name him, so we took a few days before we got him to brainstorm. We each took our favorite name and put it all together. Finn was my choice, while Maverick was Olivia's, and Harry was Carson's choice. Therefore, his whole name is Finn Maverick Harry Enderle, but we just call him Finn. He was only a little over 2 months old when we picked him up and he was teeny tiny! The kids are so excited to finally get a puppy, they have always wanted one, but I've never been too keen on having one. That's what I get for having baby fever, lol!

New Year's eve was a quiet one. I decided to stay in, unlike last year. So it was pretty uneventful and I loved that way! I just stayed in and ate everything in sight. I have never felt more excited about my future than I do right now. I don't know why, but I feel like 2009 is going to be a great year and is going to be a huge turn around for me! It's been 4 years since the beginning of the lowest point of my life and now I am coming out of the fog of misery. My future is going to get better, I'm sure, so I am just going to sit back and relax and see what Heavenly Father has planned for me and not second guess anything (very hard for me). Woohoo!

No comments: